The Strawberry Mojito is the perfect spin on a classic. This fruity & minty perfection is the ideal summertime cocktail.
- 5 – 10 Mint Leaves: They should be fresh and springy. Avoid using limp or wilted mint. Reserve a sprig of mint for garnish.
- 2 oz Rum: Light rum is standard. Bacardi is our brand of choice.
- 2 whole strawberries, add more if you like.
- ¾ oz Lime juice: Make sure to use fresh-squeezed juice. Before you ask, Rose’s Lime Juice is not an acceptable substitute.
- 1 oz Simple syrup: This is simply equal parts sugar and water mixed until forming a sweet syrup. Get it? Simple syrup?
- Soda water
- Lime wheel: As garnish
- Put 5 – 10 mint leaves into a mixing glass
- Gently muddle the mint, bruising the leaves enough to release its flavors and aroma (if you end up with green paste you muddled too hard)
- Place 2 cut up strawberries in the mixing glass and muddle these until the juices are released
- Fill the shaker or mixing glass with ice
- Pour 2oz rum
- Pour ¾ oz of lime juice, or squeeze directly into the glass, as shown in the video.
- Pour 1 oz simple syrup
- Shake for 10-15 seconds
- Transfer the cocktail (ice and all) into a highball glass
- Top with soda water
- Garnish with a mint sprig and lime wheel.
- Cook Time: 5 min
Keywords: mojito, strawberries, cocktail