These Red, White & Boozy Cupcakes are rich, fluffy, boozy, and the perfect dessert for ALL adult festivities.
The plan was to get creative for 4th of July and make something delicious! When we came across the Red Velvet Baileys at the store we knew we had to get our Betty Crocker on and whip up boozy cupcakes! These Red, White & Boozy Cupcakes are red velvet based, with a cream cheese frosting and, our favorite part, a Red Velvet Baileys infused cream cheese filling. They are boozy, moist and rich with flavor. Making these the ideal adult treat.
About the Red, White & Boozy Cupcakes
I was important to us to make whipping up a batch of these as simple as possible. For the cupcake portion, we went with Duncan Hanes Perfectly Moist Red Velvet Cake Mix. One box makes about 60 mini cupcakes. We baked our mini cupcakes for 10 minutes at 350 degrees. Once they are ready, simply let them cool for 15 minutes before coring them. We ended up using 54 cupcakes to fill an 18in X 12in tray.
The star ingredient in these cupcakes is the Baileys Red Velvet. Sipping this on the rocks would be a treat on it’s own. We used infused cream cheese frosting with Baileys Red Velvet for the filling. All you need is two ingredients! One cup of cream cheese frosting and one cup of Baileys Red Velvet. This is the perfect amount to fill all 60 mini cupcakes. We cored each cupcake with a bar spoon! No need for a fancy cupcake corer, you can use any small spoon for this. Once each cupcake is cored we filled them with ¼-½ ounce of the Baileys infused filling.
For the frosting, since these are red velvet mini cupcakes, we had to top them with cream cheese frosting. In honor of the 4th of July, we dyed the frosting and arranged the cupcakes to look like an American flag.
- White Stripes: We simply used the cream cheese frosting. Easy, peasy, lemon squeezy!
- Red stripes and blue patch: We got artsy with food coloring! Split up the remaining frosting, and add the desirable amount of food coloring.
Once you have frosted all of the cupcakes, it’s time to arrange the flag! Lastly, we topped our cupcakes with some red, white, and blue sprinkles to give them some texture!
You can make all cupcakes boozy just use your imagination!
- Funfetti Boozy Cupcakes: Use Funfetti cake mix, and for the booze use whipped cream vodka! Swap out the cream cheese frosting for vanilla!
- Boozy Chocolate cupcakes: Use chocolate cake mix and chocolate frosting. Bourbon would pair really well with these!
When to Serve a Red, White & Boozy Cupcakes
These boozy cupcakes can be enjoyed on any occasion, but especially:
- For dessert: A sweet and pleasant way to end a good meal.
- When hosting a party: These cupcakes make the perfect boozy treat for any adult celebration.
- You can serve your boozy cupcakes with a cup of coffee, or a glass of milk.
- For a real treat, try serving these alongside a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
As always, remember to drink & eat responsibly!
Leave A Comment